Friday, July 17, 2015

Fresh Strawberry Cobbler


I love fresh strawberries!  I especially love fresh strawberries when they're on sale for .99!  We've started buying most of our fresh produce at the Mexican market because their prices are so much better than the regular grocery store.  When strawberries go on sale I often freeze them for smoothies, but this time I thought I'd use them in some recipes.  I decided to make a strawberry cobbler for breakfast this morning and it was fabulous!  It got gobbled up and we were tempted to lick the pan as well!  Double the recipe for a 9 x 13 pan.

Strawberry Cobbler

Mix together in a square baking pan:

1 lb strawberries, washed and quartered
1/4 c. sugar
2 T. corn starch

In a small bowl mix:

1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. oats
1/3 c. whole wheat flour (or white)
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. hemp hearts, optional

Sprinkle on top of prepared strawberries.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.  Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks sooooooo delicious! And you're blogging again - thanks.