Saturday, January 17, 2015

Small Freezer Lasagna


Freezer meals are fabulous!  One of my favorite freezer meals is lasagna!  You can make your favorite lasagna recipe in disposal pans from the dollar store, freeze them and then throw them in the oven anytime you like!  I always use oven-ready noodles for my freezer lasagnas so I don't even have to cook the noodles.  When you use the oven-ready noodles, you use one noodle for each noodle layer and they fit perfectly!

The containers come in three packs for $1, so there is very little cost for packaging.  Each container holds about 2lbs, so it's not a tiny lasagna, but it's not family sized either.  A double batch of lasagna will make about six small freezer lasagnas.  

After you've layered your lasagna ingredients into the pans, cover them with a double layer of tin foil and label with cooking directions:  Bake at 350 covered for an hour, then uncover and bake until done.  After they're labeled, you're ready to pop them into the freezer!

I typically make veggie lasagna since Nina is a vegetarian, then any time I make a meaty lasagna for dinner I can throw one of these in for her.  There is always enough left for her to take leftovers for lunch for a couple of days too.  Small freezer lasagnas are fabulous gifts for new moms as well! Who doesn't love having a lasagna in the freezer?!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I need to learn how to do freezer meals. This one I can handle, but I haven't tried others. Good reminder to me of a way to cook dinner on a busy night!